West Introduces LyoSeal® Instant Sealing Solution and NovaGuard® SA Pro Safety System at Pharmapack Europe
"We appreciate and understand that in today's healthcare environment, our customers are continually looking for new packaging solutions that offer manufacturing efficiencies, as well as products that provide an improved experience for healthcare providers," said
The LyoSeal cap provides a new option to help pharmaceutical companies safely and efficiently preserve and protect lyophilized drug products. Constructed of medical-grade polypropylene, the LyoSeal cap enables complete container closure within the chamber and mitigates several common challenges associated with the lyophilization process by:
- Safeguarding vacuum and headspace content through immediate vial closure in the chamber;
- Buffering between the stopper and chamber shelves to prevent stoppers sticking to the shelf; and
- Reducing the risk of glass breakage within the lyo chamber due to the spring force design.
West's NovaGuard SA Pro safety system helps protect healthcare workers and patients from accidental needlestick injury. The NovaGuard SA Pro system can be deployed using a single-handed technique and was designed to prevent pre-activation during handling. The system is compatible with ISO 1mL long glass staked-needle syringes and is transparent for ease of drug inspection and delivery. Furthermore, the device design facilitates easy assembly of a glass pre-filled syringe with very minimal change parts and changeover time to existing assembly equipment.
In addition to sharing more about these innovative products, experts from West will present on important industry topics during scientific and educational conference sessions:
- Solving Complex Needs during Development of a Sensitive Next Generation Drug Product – Tibor Hlobik, Sr. Director of Product Management, Prefilled Systems & Delivery at West, will host this learning lab and present a case study on the approval process for a polymer prefilled syringe and how fill-finish capability was established for clinical and commercial supply.
February 1at 10:10 a.m.
- The Changing Regulatory Environment Concerning Elemental Impurities and Container Closure Systems –
Fran DeGrazio, Vice President of Scientific Affairs & Technical Services at West, will provide an overview of the ICH Q3D guideline, its implication on related USP chapters and an overview of method development work completed to provide guidance to a new USP elemental impurities method. February 1at 11:00 a.m.
- Emergence of Plastic Caps – Market Drivers and Key Considerations for Assessment –
Miriam Beyer, Global Marketing Manager, Vial Containment & Delivery at West, will host this learning lab on assessing the external environment and internal challenges towards a change in sealing. February 2at 10:50 a.m.
For more information on West products and services, please visit booth #H26 at Pharmapack Europe or visit us online at www.westpharma.com.
Certain forward-looking statements are included in this release. These statements reflect management's current expectations regarding future events and operating performance and speak only as of the date of this release. There is no certainty that West's LyoSeal cap or NovaGuard SA Pro system will achieve any level of commercial success. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties. For a description of certain additional factors that could cause West's future results to differ from those expressed in any such forward-looking statements, see Item 1A, entitled "Risk Factors," in West's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended
West and the diamond logo and NovaGuard® SA Pro are registered trademarks of
LyoSeal® is a registered trademark of
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/west-introduces-lyoseal-instant-sealing-solution-and-novaguard-sa-pro-safety-system-at-pharmapack-europe-300400112.html